I have had a Pin-spiration Revelation.
There are many ideas from Pinterest I have vowed to get crafty over, save money on, or promised to plant. Most of them remain lofty goals on my virtual pin boards. The ones I take the most action on, usually also provide a dent in my wallet, as opposed thifty solutions. However, today I saw a fun post that inspired me to take action, and not with money. One mother asked her children simple everyday questions and recorded their answers. A different type of time capsule, and very in line with the purpose of this blog.
Tonight, I sat down with my boys (Quentin 6, and Kaden 3) and recorded their responses to 21 simple questions. Here’s a deeper look into my world, through they eyes of my sweet boys.
1. What is something Mommy always says to you?
Quentin: “I’m nice.”
Kaden: “Uh…. Poop, but I say that on accident. Love me.” [For the record, I don’t believe I ever say poop…but….]
2. What makes Mommy happy?
Quentin: Giving her a hug and a kiss.
Kaden: Nose kisses, kisses, and hugs.
3. What makes Mommy sad?
Quentin: When someone gets hurt.
Kaden: When someone is mean.
4. How does Mommy make you laugh?
Quentin: By playing jokes on me.
Kaden: When you give me candy you make me laugh.
5. What was Mommy like as a child?
Quentin: Uh… I don’t know. Where you playful?
Kaden: Be happy.
6. How old is Mommy?
Kaden: 5, wait 100!
7. How tall is Mommy?
Quentin: 30 inches, are you lower than that?
Kaden: 14! Yeah, got it.
8. What is Mommy’s favorite thing to do?
Quentin: Having a family day.
Kaden: Scratch your back.
9. What does Mommy do when you’re not around?
Quentin: Goes to work.
Kaden: Go to work.
10. If Mommy becomes famous, what will it be for?
Quentin: A great singer. [See George! I’m awesome.]
Kaden: Piggy back rides on your neck.
11. What is Mommy really good at?
Quentin: Cheering me on when I’m riding my dirt bike.
Kaden: Playing Spiderman.
12. What is Mommy not very good at?
Quentin: Riding a dirt bike. Or magic.
Kaden: Playing Tea Party.
13. What does Mommy do for her job?
Quentin: Helps people know how to work a computer.
Kaden: Going shopping. [hah! I wish!]
14. What is Mommy’s favorite food?
Quentin: Pancakes. [Funny, since I am eating Paleo]
15. What makes you proud of Mommy?
Quentin: When she does something nice.
Kaden: I don’t know.
16. If Mommy were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Quentin: A BeyBlade one.
17. What do you and Mommy do together?
Quentin: Cuddling on the couch.
Kaden: Go bye-bye with you.
18. How are you and Mommy the same?
Quentin: We both have green eyes.
Kaden: Uh… penguin heads. [hmmmmm…]
19. How are you and Mommy different?
Quentin: You’re bigger than me. Your 30.
Kaden: We match.
20. How do you know Mommy loves you?
Quentin: Cause she gives us kisses before bed.
Kaden: 100! [he throws his arms out wide and smiles]
21. Where is Mommy’s favorite place to go?
Quentin: To Target!
Kaden: To the zoo
I must say, I learned more about myself than I expected! If you have kids, and can keep their attention for 21 questions, I recommend you give this a try. I can only imagine how the answers will change over time.